Thursday, July 12, 2007

First Chapter extention 2

and the following day (Thursday instead of Sunday). This is where my addition begins --- when she came home from her day’s filming, she found Regan in the kitchen. The child was flinging herself upon her mother.
“What're ya drawin', baby?” Chris asked, kissing her daughter’s face.
“Oh, you, me and Daddy when we were in Rome.” She smiled.
Rome. Chris remembered. Two years ago they had spent a wonderful time there, in a cottage, with woods and trees and miles of grass all around them. Howard had made them huge swings… and is that what she’s drawing? Yes it is. Regan on her mother’s lap, Howard pushing the swing really high.

Hmm, then Regan could start writing a poem for Chris when Sharon interrupts them, telling Chris that her agent is on the phone. While she talks to him, Regan is running her tongue around her lips trying to get the letters just right. When she's done, she brings the poem to her mom who is not in a very good mood now ;)) She's still talking to the guy and is pissed off over something ( I have to think of what later. Maybe something Shirley would get upset about, hehe) . But Regan is so eager to show her the poem, that she doesn't realize her mother is busy and keeps saying, " I finished, Mama. Read it, read it..." Finally Chris loses her temper and shouts: "Don't you see I'm on the phone?!" Regan pulls back, shivering, bewildered.

This passage could end with Chris feeling guilty.
Do you think what I wrote is kinda cliché?
Lemme know what you think, s'il vous plait :D

9 comments:

Monster-Maniac said...

Sounds OK to me :D

Sofia_ said...

Oh no no... It doesn't sound good at all. What would you change? When you have time, please improvise it.

Monster-Maniac said...

I'll do my best!

Sofia_ said...

AHH!!! How can I ever thank you?? I can't THANK You enough!
But are you really sure I'm not bothering you about this?

Monster-Maniac said...

No bother. ;)

Sofia_ said...

I sound like Kiderman and you like Chris of the novel lol!! Only Chris was indeed annoyed by Kinderman.

Monster-Maniac said...

Haha!

Sofia_ said...

By the way, Jane, is it correct to write, he was "an" evil magician?

I added some Regan's questions about Swan LAke. ;)

Monster-Maniac said...

Yes, correct. "An" is used instead of "A" when the first letter of the word it proceeds is a vowel.