Saturday, July 14, 2007

Third Chapter

I’d like to see these first behavioral changes of Regan in dialogues and narrative.

From the book: "Fits of temper. Threw things. Kicked things. Wouldn't eat... in addition her energy seemed abnormal. She was constantly moving, turning, running and jumping about. Doing poorly with schoolwork..."

This was based on Blatty's first draft screenplay:
"Displacement of furniture"

Chris awoke abruptly by a cold, dim light and by a voice that was shouting, “Momma!” She got up from her bed, and ran down the hall to Regan’s bedroom. When she flung open the door, she saw Regan standing in her nightgown, her face shocked and puzzled.
"Someone moved all my furniture around, Mommy! It's all in different places!"
"What happened?" Chris asked Karl, who was in the bedroom pushing a pink and white bureau back into place from a spot that was halfway across the room.
"Someone is funny." He repeated.
"A person in this house must have moved it," Chris said to Regan.
"I didn't move it." Regan said in a small voice.
There was no doubt in Chris's mind of who had moved the furniture. Karl and Willie wouldn't do such a thing. Sharon didn't sleep in the house. There was only one answer - Regan did it herself! But why? To get my attention??

24 comments:

Monster-Maniac said...

I'll be here! You can call me Emee too ;)) Have fun!!!

Sofia_ said...

Thank you! It hasn't started yet. And your legion passage is wonderful. Although it's confusing to me because I never watched it. But since it comes from you, it's great.

And if you could edit the "displacemt of furniture" passage would be so awesome!! If you have time, of course.

Ahh, btw, Alice is from England. ;)

Sofia_ said...

K, it has finished and it was such a weird movie!!
Alice replied and she said she would love to comment or come up with ideas. :D

Sofia_ said...

I'm used to calling you Jane, Heheh! I'll try Emee then. ;)

Monster-Maniac said...

Good timing! Hiya!

Monster-Maniac said...

I'm going to eat now, but I'll be on after. I don't know how long you can hold your eyes open, but we can do stuff soon :)

Sofia_ said...

Ohh noo! I don't know when you sent this message. But I was trying to edit the passage, only it wasn't working. I kept pressing post message and an error occured so I had to write the same thing over and over. lol.

And my eyes are open heehe.

Monster-Maniac said...

I'm here!

Monster-Maniac said...

Hahaha, I forgot the Somone is funny line! Wonderful :)

Sofia_ said...

yaya!! You're on!

Monster-Maniac said...

:D

Sofia_ said...

Hmm, so whadda ya want to edit? :DD

And did you have a nice dinner? Btw, I'm sure that Alice is sleeping at this time, but she'll probably say something tomorrow. :))

Monster-Maniac said...

Oh very nice thank you :) I can start on that scene. I'll post it often and you comment on how I'm doing :)

Sofia_ said...

Do you feel like editing this passage? I wish you could. My phrasing needs help from an expert named Emee. :o)

Monster-Maniac said...

HAHA, I'll start. But I like what you have... you almost fooled me into thinking you were Bill!

Sofia_ said...

Oops just read your comment now. And sure! :D I can't wait to read what you come up with.

Sofia_ said...

Wow, you type so fast lol! And AHH! How can you say that?? Noo!! You are the one who writes like Bill! I wish so badly I could!

Monster-Maniac said...

I write like Bill?! THAT IS THE BEST COMPLEMENT I HAVE EVER GOTTEN!!!

Sofia_ said...

It's the truth!! And lol we sound like Blatty's fanatics haha!

Sofia_ said...

Which is also true, of course! I adore him!! I want to meet him!! Ya know his daughter called him, Papa bear? So sweet!

Sofia_ said...

Oh gosh, I'll leave you to concentrate. I'll shut my mouth now. :D

Monster-Maniac said...

You're funny! Yes, we are Billy Blatty groupies :D

Sofia_ said...

lol yeah.
I was wondering about Blatty's writing style though. I wonder why he chose to write the novel in the
passive. It's unusual, I think

Sofia_ said...

Like, "she was bounding through the door" instead of "she bounded through the door."

I love his writing style, though.